Thursday, February 14, 2008

Book Report




Chbosky, Stephen. “The Perks of Being a Wallflower”. NY, New York. MTV books: February1999.


Reason, Type, and setting: This book is a teen diary, and he isn’t really sure of what he is doing most of the time, it’s filled with romance, drama, and also adventure. But this take place around this time era it’s not too far back of the teen age I live in. just like the rest of my book that I read, it was also recommended to me by a friend. I do this because I don’t like reading a book and realizing half way through this book that I don’t like it and it’s a waste of time, so I read books people tell me they think are good.

Plot: In this book the main character’s best friend dies of suicidal murder, and has a hard time with it. In which he has barely started High School, and isn’t very social compared to his older brother and sister. His brother is now in college and playing football, and his sister is a senior and is very popular, plus she is very pretty. He makes some friends by going t one of the school’s football’s game, and which soon become his best friends. There a brother and sister, and smoke cigarettes (they are also seniors). Thy helped him get his first girlfriend, and help him become more social, and had his us and downs that year with those two friends. And even got a little closer with his sister. But at the end of the year I think is the worst because they all move away to o to college, and is back to the same spot were he was in the beginning of the year.

Character: The character I chose is not the main character, but is the one who the main character is secretly in love with. This girls name is Sam, and she has been like the main characters (Charlie) best friend, always giving him advice, showing him how to treat a girl on a date, and even exposing him to drugs. But she told him she also loved but as a friend, which was very for her to do because instead of lying she would hurt him more. Out of the whole book, I thought that Sam was the most realistic, and true type of girl and friend.

Evaluation: I really liked this book, especially because a lot of times, when the writer would put in questions, that I think sometimes to myself. Usually I think if there’s also a person asking themselves the same question, so I guess there are. And I really like it because I think most people could relate to it because they have been through different parts like what the book explained. Especially entering your first year of High School.

No comments: